Fancy Dress Worldwide is committed to protecting your privacy.
If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to our processing, please contact us via our Customer Contact Centre.
- When placing an online order.
- When registering for an online account.
- When you visit any of our websites.
- When contacting Customer Services and during any correspondence you have with our Customer Services team.
- When engaging with us on social media.
- When responding to a customer survey.
- When opening and viewing an email from Fancy Dress Worldwide.
- When you enter any prize draw or competition.
- When you review any of our products or services.
- When we collect and combine your personal information with publicly available sources (with your consent).
- If you have an online account with Fancy Dress Worldwide: your name, email address, date of birth, home / billing address, gender, orders, telephone number and an encrypted record of your password.
- Details of any purchases you have made online, including payment type.
- Details of any correspondence (including written, verbal communication and any images you may provide us with) you have with our Customer Services team.
- Details of your marketing preferences.
- Details of your social media username, if you interact with us through one of these channels.
- Details of any reviews you have made of our products or services.
- Details of your responses in any our surveys.
- Details of visits to our website including: pages browsed, your IP address, access device and which site you came from to ours.
- Details of competitions you have entered or promotions you have participated in.
Our main uses of your personal information are to process any orders that you make via our website and to help us to understand your needs to provide you with the best possible customer experience.
At Fancy Dress Worldwide we promise never to buy or sell your personal information to any third party.
You have rights to change how we use your personal information, which can be found in the "Your choices about your personal information" section. Please remember that if you choose not to share your personal information with us, you might not receive some of the services that you have asked for.
We may also use your personal information:
- To respond to any queries or complaints. We may also retain this information for use during any future correspondence you may have with us. We may pass this information on to our trusted partners to assist you with your query or complaint.
- To process refund requests.
- To administer any of our prize draws or competitions that you have entered.
- To improve our website. To help us optimise your online customer experience we may collect information about the way you use our website. We may also employ one of our trusted partners to help us look at this information. This is explained in the "Cookies" section below.
- To protect our business and you from fraud or any other illegal activities. We may pass this information on to other trusted partners or law enforcement agencies to use in the same way.
- With your permission, we may use and share your personal information with trusted partners to bring you personalised communications about relevant products, promotions, events, competitions and surveys by email, web or SMS. You can opt out of receiving these personalised communications at any time via your online preference centre (which can be accessed using the instructions we include in any communication we send you) or by contacting our Customer Services team.
- To 3rd party carrier services to improve the accuracy and timely delivery of your order.
We want to bring you products and promotions that are most relevant to your interests. To help us form a better, overall understanding of you as a customer, we combine your personal data gathered across your interactions with us, as described above.
"Cookies" are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enables the server to collect information from the browser. You can Click Here to find out more about how cookies work.
We use the cookies for a number of purposes, for instance to enable us to simplify the logging-on process for registered users, to help ensure the security and authenticity of registered users, to provide the mechanisms for online shopping and to enable traffic monitoring.
Non-registered visitors of the site are sent anonymous cookies to keep track of their browsing patterns and build up a demographic profile. In addition, any visitor who has clicked on our advertisement on another site that links to us will be sent a semi-persistent (e.g. one week's lifetime) anonymous cookie that will allow us to analyse advertising effectiveness and manage our relationship with affiliate sites, if any.
Whilst you do not need to allow your browser to accept cookies in order to browse much of our web site or to access many of our services, you must have cookies enabled if you wish to shop online at any of our stores or access any areas reserved for registered users.
Most browsers allow you to turn off the cookie function. If you want to know how to do this please look at the help menu on your browser. As described above, this will restrict some of our services you can use.
At Fancy Dress Worldwide, we take the security of your personal information very seriously and engage the following best practices to keep your personal information secure:
- All our transactions are PCI Level 1 compliant. Click Here for further information on PCI compliance.
- Your access to all transactional areas of our websites are secured via "https" technology.
- Access to your personal information is password protected and sensitive information is secured via SSL encryption and TSL 1.2 protocol.
- We regularly monitor our systems for vulnerabilities or attacks.
You have choices regarding the personal information that you share with Fancy Dress Worldwide:
- If you have an online account, you can access and edit information in your online profile at any time.
- You can access the personal information that we hold about you by making a Subject Access Request. For Customers this is by contacting our Data Protection team, firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can request to close your accounts and delete the personal information we have about you by contacting our Customer Services team.
- You can opt out of receiving personalised communications from Fancy Dress Worldwide at any time via your online preference centre (which can be accessed using the instructions we include in any communication we send you) or by contacting our Customer Services team. Please note that you may continue to receive communications from Fancy Dress Worldwide for a short period of time, whilst we process your request. However, we may still send you servicing messages such as emails relating to an order you have placed with us.
- Have your information sent to another organisation, where this is technically feasible.
Please remember that if you choose not to share your personal information with us, you might not receive some of the services that you have asked for.
We will only retain and process your personal information for as long as we have a legitimate reason to retain and process it.
When you place an order with us online, we will keep the personal information you give us for six years.
At the end of the retention period, will delete any personal information or anonymise it.
Fancy Dress Worldwide, promises never to buy or sell your personal information with any third parties.
We may share your personal information with our trusted business partners to process transactions in the course of fulfilling your order and to further improve your customer experience.
If at any time we decide to use your personal information in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected, we will tell you. You will have a choice about whether or not we can use your information in this different manner.